Marriages can go a little stale if you are not making efforts to put romance into them on a daily basis. The following are ten ways to put romance in your marriage everyday:
1. Write notes. You and your spouse can write little love notes to each other on sticky pads and post them around your house, in one another’s cars, etc. This is a fun way to remember your love, and will inspire romantic gestures.
2. Kiss with love. Always be sure to kiss goodbye, but do not just settle for a little peck on the cheek, instead on occasion give a passionate kiss to your spouse. And, never let them leave the house without a kiss goodbye.
Hold hands often.
3. Have a date night. By continuing to date one another, you continue to spend one-on-one time and get to know one another better and better. This leads to increased intimacy, and thus more romance.
4. Say “I love you” each time you talk whether in person or on the phone. You won’t have romance without love, as it is the main ingredient, so foster and reinforce your love by verbalizing it on a regular basis. Never get off the phone without expressing your love to each other.
5. Have a few moments of alone time that you prioritize and nothing gets in the way of. Many people let their relationships sour some because cell phones, Internet, television and other technologies, people, events, etc. get in the way and take priority. Take time each day to turn your phone off, and enjoy one another’s company without distraction.
6. Play. Working at marriage is important, but playing in marriage is essential. You have to play together, not just pay bills, discuss the future, and stress over responsibilities. The healthiest relationships, and those that have the most romantic spark are those that are based on a great friendship fueled by play. Play outside, play while working, and play as often as possible. This can be playing a video game together before you go to bed, or having a water fight during the after dinner cleanup. You can play with no money, or you can play on a large budget, just be sure to play.
7. Have romantic moments. Romance is founded on moments of intimacy. This can be a passionate kiss, or a whispered compliment. However, if you never try to be romantic or say or do anything romantic, it is hard to find that. So, make it a goal to do one romantic thing each day, it can be a shared dessert at night after the kids go to bed, or an early morning walk holding hands.
8. Learn something new about your spouse. A great way to put romance in your marriage is to increase your knowledge about each other. Your spouse should still have facets that you can discover, so make a point to do so. Ask questions, learn their likes and dislikes, and get to know them better.
9. Do things for each other. It is hard to be mad, or to hold grudges against your spouse when you serve them. So, do things for them to rid yourself of bad feelings and inspire feelings of love.
10. Figure out what you both consider romantic. Some people’s idea of romance is candle lit dinners, while others is having their husband do the dishes so they can take a bubble bath. So, figure out what yours is so you can be more romantic on a daily basis. If you love surprises, tell your spouse so they know to surprise you.