Teenagers love to hang out in groups, and do things with their friends. However, it is not always easy to find something for a group of teenagers to do. The following is a look at outdoor games for teenagers:
1. No Bears are Out Tonight. This is a great game where a group of kids get together and pick one or two people in the group to be the “bears” they then have a starting point and a destination. There should be places between that are easy to hide in, maybe obstacles to climb over, etc. Then, all the “non-bears” will line up at the start, and try to get to the finish without bears getting them. They will start the play by chanting, “No bears are out tonight, the hunters shot them all last night.” Then, play begins, and the bears try to get as many of the people as they can.
2. Red Rover. This is a game that requires a large group of teens. You want to separate them off into two groups. The groups join hands and form a line each. They should stand parallel facing each other, but give enough distance that someone can run between the two groups and gain some speed. Each group gets a turn to go. They alternate, and say, “Red rover, red rover, send (insert name) right over” That person runs and tries to break through the line. If they don’t break through, they have to stay with that line. If they do, they get to go back to their line. You play until one line is gone. If the teens want to speed the game up, then every time a kid breaks through, they can choose someone from that line to join their line.
3. Lawn Darts. This is a game where you get a hula hoop, and then something to act as the darts. You place the hula hoops somewhere, and give them point values, ascending as they get closer to the launch location. Then, the teen will throw the darts. If they make it into the hula hoop they get the point value that hula hoop is worth.
4. Frisbee Golf. This is a game where you use frisbees and aim at targets. You get one stroke for each throw. The teens can play at a dedicated Frisbee golf course, which has set pars, etc. Or, you can make your own game, as this means you can play anywhere. You get to choose your targets.
5. Ultimate Frisbee. This is a game where a group of teens gets together and they play a game similar to football, where they are trying to get the Frisbee into the scoring zone or end zone. The Frisbee is thrown from player to player. You can’t run with the Frisbee in your hand, you have to throw it. The other team can intercept it. Highest score wins.