The following are ten ideas for outdoor games for adults:
1. Tag- this is a game that most kids enjoyed on the playground. It can be equally fun for adults to play. You need a group of adults, and you need to determine what type of tag you want to play. You can play freeze tag, or regular tag, or touch tag, etc. The idea is to make someone it, and play tag.
2. Ultimate Frisbee- To play ultimate Frisbee, a group is needed. Get a group together, and assign two teams. Flip for who gets to start first. The way this game works is one team gets the Frisbee and starts at one end of a field. They can’t run with it, they throw the Frisbee and try to make it all the way to the other end of the field by passing it. The other team can intercept. Making it all the way to the end of the field scores points.
3. Volleyball- Adults can play outdoor volleyball. It can be played on the grass or in the sand. It can be played with a full team or a team of 2-3. Most parks have volleyball pits and if not, you can set up a net and play almost anywhere.
4. Basketball- Basketball is another great outdoor game for adults. It allows you to get some exercise, and can be played with almost any size group. If you don’t have enough people, you can play one-on-one, or play HORSE or some other variation or game. If you have a whole team, you can play the real thing.
5. Frisbee- Frisbee is a great outdoor game for adults. It is fun to just throw a Frisbee around, or you can make a game out of it, play “500” or even go Frisbee golfing. The possibilities with a Frisbee are endless.
6. Ladder Ball- This is a game that requires some equipment. You need a ladder type contraption, usually with 3 rungs. You also need the thing you throw. It is basically two balls with a rope connecting them. You toss them, and the idea is to have them loop around the rungs and score points. Each rung is worth a certain value (typically 1, 2, or 3 points), and you usually play to 21 points.
7. Horseshoes- Horseshoes can be a fun outdoor game for adults, played either in a regulation pit, or just for fun on the back lawn. It makes a great party game, you just want to be careful that no kids are running around, as they might get hit with a flying horseshoe if they are not careful.
8. Bocci- this is a game that typically requires the use of the standardized equipment. It is really fun, and can be played on almost any outdoor surface.
9. Croquet- Croquet is a great outdoor game for adults, as it does not require a lot of mobility, or athleticism, which means that adults of all age, build, etc. can play.
10. Hopscotch- Okay, again, this might be a child’s game, but adults can have fun playing it as well.