When putting together a fashionable summer outfit, consider the following tips:
1. Consult the experts: Your best bet in putting together a fashionable summer outfit is getting some advice from the experts. A great place to look for ideas, and get some inspiration on how to use your existing clothing and accessories is just take a look in some magazines. You can get some cute ideas, and apply them to your own clothes, accessories, etc.
2. Consider how the clothes fit: Probably the biggest thing you have to do to get a fashionable summer outfit is make sure the clothes and accessories you choose fit! Many women get caught up in the size, and forget about fit. It really doesn’t matter whether you are in a three or thirteen. What matters is that the clothes you put on actually fit you. You can’t get caught up in what size it is. If you put on the size you want to wear, rather than the size that is most flattering on you, the end result is going to be not only unfashionable, but unsightly. Often, girls especially, put on clothes that don’t fit right because they want to be a size that they aren’t. If it fits, and flatters your body, then that is the size you should wear. Every brand is different. You might wear a seven in one brand, and the same fit in another is a ten. Don’t get caught up in the numbers.
Chanel-inspired glasses; check.
3. Accessorize: One of the best ways to get a fashionable summer outfit together is to wear something basic or classic, like a white blouse and black shorts, and then accessorize it. Adding a great necklace, bracelets, earrings, hand bag, hat, scarf, or something similar can really punch up an outfit and make it look really fashionable. Decide what accessories you like, and what will work for you. For example, you might not be able to wear big earrings because you are on the phone a lot and they get in the way, but you can take advantage of great belts, hats, necklaces, etc.
4. Choose shoes. Shoes make a big difference in an outfit. A basic pair of jeans and top can really be dressed up with the right pumps or pointy-toed heels. A skirt will have a whole different look if you go from a ballerina slipper to a heel. A pair of shorts can look dressy when paired with the right sandal, or playful when paired with sneakers. When attempting a fashionable summer outfit, pick shoes that add something to the outfit, whether it is a pop of color, or some fun details.
5. Think comfort: Comfort is as important as fashion. If you are wearing something uncomfortable, or that is causing you to sweat etc. it won’t look very fashionable. Cotton is a great choice.