To really make a splash at your next childrens party, consider renting an inflatable jumper. Inflatable jumpers are no longer limited vinyl enclosures, where the kids just jump around. Today they now come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with a huge assortment of features and options that can rival theme parks. However, there are a number of things to consider, when you are deciding whether to rent an inflatable jumper.
Here are just a few of them:
- How old are your party guests? If the majority of your party guests will be small children, you may want to limit the size and scope of the inflatable jumper that you rent. Small children are often easily overwhelmed by large scale jumpers; in fact, they often refuse to enter them. Check with your inflatable jumper rental company, to see if they offer smaller, or baby sized, jumpers. This way your party guests will still be able to enjoy themselves, no matter their size. If your party guests will be older children, the sky’s the limit!
- Where are you going to put up the jumper? Remember that you will need the proper clearance, for all aspects of the jumper. This means not only determining that you have enough room for the width, but also the height. Many rental companies will refuse to put up their jumpers if there are obstacles such as overhanging tree branches. In addition, you’ll need to check with the rental company to see what sort of ground they will need as many companies won’t set up jumpers on sand, gravel or other unstable material. Finally, if you choose to rent a jumper with water features, make sure that you have the right area for water run off.
- What features do you want? Today’s jumpers go beyond just providing jumping space. You can rent jumpers with slides, activities inside, such as obstacle course), and even water features. Plan around your party guests as well as what’s weather appropriate. For example, don’t waste your money renting jumpers with water features if it’ll be too cold to use them.
- How many jumpers do you need? There is often a capacity limit on inflatable jumpers. If you are planning a large party, you need to know how many guests can be in the jumper at one time so you can try to avoid long lines of kids waiting for the jumper. Party goers will have a much better time if there are a few options, rather than waiting in line for their turn.
- How much help will you need? Kids can get wildly excited about inflatable jumpers, which is when pushing, shoving and rough housings starts. For a smaller group, another adult is probably sufficient to help with crowd control; as your guest lists get longer, make sure there are plenty of adults on hand to keep things under control. If you can’t find sufficient help so the kids can safely enjoy the jumper, you may want to consider not having one.
- What are the medical needs of the party guests? It’s important to know if everyone is healthy enough to use the inflatable jumpers. Anyone with breathing difficulties, orthopedic problems or any condition that keeps them from being active should be monitored closely when using a jumper.
Planning is the key to success when you are considering renting an inflatable jumper. When it’s done right, renting an inflatable jumper or two, can make your party one that no one will soon forget.