With summer just around the corner you may be considering an outdoor toy purchase for a young child in your life. Even if you are shopping for a child as young as two or three years old, an outdoor toy can be a great choice! Kids really enjoy outdoor toys like trampolines, swings, slides, water guns and many more. Best of all, outdoor toys provide good (and much needed) exercise for your kids, keeping them healthy and fit and helping the youngest children develop better coordination and gross motor skills. So if you are looking to make a toy purchase here are some of the best outdoor gift toys for ages two to three.
- Trampolines-Bouncing on a trampoline can be so much fun! Just be sure to choose a sturdy trampoline consisting of a heavy-duty galvanized zinc-coated frame and a frame pad that has both fabric and foam. For added safety parents can choose a trampoline that comes with a cool enclosure for added safety. These enclosures provide sturdy netting all around the trampoline with a zippered entrance. This outdoor toy is worth the investment when you consider the amount of fun kids will have with this toy!
- Outdoor playhouses-If you feel that your little one is too small for a full sized swing set this can be a great choice. These outdoor play sets come with a slide, a crawl through tunnel, and easy to climb rock wall and more that is perfectly sized to your two and three-year old. Best of all, these sturdy units are built to withstand the outdoor elements or they can be brought indoors for some rainy day fun. Many of these units also come with add-on swings and other features that can expand as your child grows. This makes this toy a great value for the money.
- Water and sand tables-These handy sand and water play centers are ideal for your backyard. Many of these models of this great outdoor toy come with an umbrella to shield your child from the hot sun. There are usually two partitions, one for up to twenty lbs of sand and the other for up to two gallons of water. This is a great alternative to a traditional sandbox, not to mention the added fun with water too. This gives your child a chance to develop better sensory integration (needed for writing) and helps them develop better coordination and muscle development.
- Beach ball sprinklers-This toy is sure to delight your toddler with its fun and whimsy. This wonderful summer toy is sure to be a big hit even with the youngest kids, and while every size is fun, most kids feel that the bigger the better! The big beach ball inflates and then connects to your water hose. When the water is turned on, the ball turns into a sprinkler, with water spraying out on all sides. Younger kids especially love this since the amount of water that is sprayed is not too overwhelming.
- Out door teeter totters-Even if you do not have a full swing set, kids will love to jump on this toy and see saw away. Best of all these types of toys are especially made for kids in the two and three-year old age group. They are constructed very sturdily, and are lots of fun for two little ones to play on, but keep in mind that there is a third seat in the middle that could be used for a third child. While this toy is made to withstand the outdoor elements it can be brought inside for lots of rainy day fun.
Playing in sand is excellent for development.