Christmas is coming, and everyone is wondering how they are going to give the people on their list the kind of gifts they deserve, without going broke in the process. Is it even possible? Can you give unique, personal, and thoughtful gifts without going to the poor house as a result? The answer is yes! Here are some suggestions for how you can do it too:
First make sure the gift is unique. No one really wants a gift that they can run out and get for themselves. So if your budget is tight, make up for the lack of spending with some creativity.
What makes a unique Christmas gift?
1. Personalized. People can buy a calendar almost anywhere, but one filled with pictures of their family and friends, has to be made with love. People can get electronics at every store on the block, but a personalized item made especially for them can’t be found at Best Buy. So, make it personal, and it is sure to be loved.
2. Not something you get everyday. If you want it to be unique, then try and be original, or at least try to give something that no one else can duplicate in exactness, or that is not a common gift. For example, if you are going to give a gift card, at least get a personalized one with their picture or the picture of their family, pet, etc. put on it.
So now that you know how to get a unique Christmas gift, let’s take a look at how to get it for less money, so that you can save, and your wallet won’t suffer too much.
How can you get these unique gifts for less?
1. Google the site you want to buy your gift from, with the word “coupon” behind it. You can often get 20% or more off on your purchases. Sites like Shutterfly that make personalized photo gifts, and sites like www.personalizationmall.com will have coupons available, but you have to look for them. It takes twenty seconds to do a Google search for coupons, and can save you hundreds.
2. Combine shipping charges. If you are ordering unique Christmas gifts, try to do as much shopping at the same place. Most of the places where you get personalized gifts are online, and so you end up paying for shipping. Save yourself money by combining the shipping, and ordering multiple things from the same place. $15 in shipping seems a lot less steep when you are buying ten gifts than if you are buying one.
3. Use memberships you already have. For example, if you have a Costco card, you can get a discount on MyPublisher photo books. The trick is to figure out what kinds of discounts are offered. Some companies offer special prices to seniors, so get your parent or grandparent to order to gifts for you. Figure it out and save!
4. Use the Internet. It gives you access to so many more merchants, which means those merchants have to compete for your business. This always means savings. The more people trying to get you to buy from them, the less you end up paying.