Marriages often lack romance. It is almost as if you got it out of your system before you got married. This is not a good thing. Romance fuels marriage and helps it stay fun. So, try the following ten things to keep romance alive, and put it back into your marriage everyday.
1. Touch. Touch is key to romance, as intimacy is inspired through touch. So, make sure you spend a great deal of time each day touching your spouse. It can be preparing dinner together while you stand arm to arm. It can be holding hands while you drive. It can be a hug and kiss goodbye in the morning, or it can be more intimate. Just do not forget to embrace and touch often.
2. Kiss goodbye. In addition to touching often, it is key to kiss your spouse bye when they leave for the day. You may be the one leaving, or you both may be, or whatever, just be sure that when you part for the day, you seal your love with a kiss. It keeps you in one another’s thoughts and helps you prepare for the day.
3. Say “I love you” daily. Love is the main element in romance, and without it romance either does not last, or does not ever even begin, so express your love verbally daily so that there is no room for doubting it.
4. Call each other during the day. If you want to inspire romance in your marriage then be sure that you touch base a few times a day. If you are out of sight, out of mind, how can you expect to have romance? Make a point of calling each other and touching base a few times a day.
5. Devote no-interruption time to one another. An important part of a marriage is time spent together without kids, work, talk of bills, or anything else. Time just to reconnect and feel each other out. It is the time you get to know the person again and remember their likes and dislikes.
6. Make meals. Eating can be a very romantic experience, but somehow the work to prepare it or clean it up can often leave one person not feeling as inspired, especially if they feel under-appreciated, or like they are always doing that. So, make meals together, and enjoy the process. You can get a cook book and start at the beginning. It is a very fun way to inspire romance.
7. Serve each other. Thoughtful gestures, selfless actions, and the little things are how you put romance in your marriage everyday. If you want to contribute to your romance, then do things for each other. This can be picking flowers for your wife, or making breakfast in bed for your husband, or it can be more subtle, such as setting out their clean socks because you know they will need them.
8. Find ways to be intimately connected. The couples you feel are the most romantic are the ones that can look at each other and know what one another are thinking. You can have that. Talk, get to know each other better, have inside jokes, etc. to inspire closeness and intimacy.
9. Be forgiving. Romance is extremely difficult to come by if you are feeling anger or pent up frustration toward your spouse. If you want to inspire romance, learn to forgive and forget the big and little things.
10. Be romantic. There is something about candle lit dinners, romantic music, flowers, chocolates, and other similarly romantic gestures. If you want to put romance in your marriage, do not discount these, as they can do a lot to set a mood and inspire good feelings between one another.