The iPad is a new product, with a great deal of applications available. The following is a list of ten applications that are perfect for parents, for a variety of reasons.
1. Things: This is an application, that much to its name, offers the ability to keep all of the “things” in your life organized and ready to go. It offers you to-do list, project notes, and other important places for keeping your life together and under control, despite the occupational risk of being a parent.
2. Food Additives: This application is the perfect iPad app for the parent who is concerned with their kid’s health. It offers information about over 450 additives typically in foods, and ranks them in their safety. It offers information about which ones are unsafe, how they can affect your child’s health, and more.
3. Kindle for iPad: The Kindle application is a well known application. Basically you can make your iPad akin to the popular Amazon book reader, only bigger, with a wider viewing area, but all of the same awesome technology to make it feel like you are reading a paper book, but actually have hundreds of books at your fingertips at one time.
4. Labyrinth 2 HD: This is a multi-touch technology application that lets you take control of your iPad and twist and turn it to play fun, and challenging games, with a small ball. It means waiting in lines at the DMV are no longer boring, sitting in your car as you wait for a child to get out of school, or sports practice, etc. making life more fun.
5. Scribble: This application allows you to use your finger to scribble on the iPad. One of the great things about this is that it is fun for parents, and a great outlet for their creative side, but also makes a great tool for keeping a child occupied when they need to sit still for a while. It is fun for both parents and kids.
6. Super Monkey Ball: this application is much like the Wii game it mimics, and offers hundreds of fun carnival type games that can be played in the comfort of wherever you happen to be. There is a wide variety of games available, and is fun for both kids and adults. Again this is a great application for keeping kids busy.
7. Jott: What parent doesn’t forget things? You are a busy person that is juggling the rigors of parenting and kids, this means that you often forget things. The Jott application allows you to send yourself transcribed messages, you just Jott them down, and the iPad will email them to you, helping you to never miss an important reminder again.
8. Bubbles: This is a fun game that is more for the kids of the parent than the parent themselves. The point is, moms and dads need things to keep kids occupied and behaved on occasion, and this application is top notch, as it allows you to make bubbles and then play with them. Kids of all ages will have fun with it, and get creative.
9. Flashmath: What parent of a school age kid hasn’t occasionally felt dumb because they were not really any help on their child’s math homework? This application acts as a personalized math tutor for math from kindergarten to grade 5. This means when you can’t help them, your iPad can.
10. Epicurious: This tool is very helpful for the busy mom. Mom can browse through thousands of recipes, and choose healthy, easy meals to make. Then, the application makes a shopping list for you, and will then help you follow the recipe as you cook. It has convenient marking features so you never lose track of where you are while cooking.