A Few Ideas for Your Baby Registry – 7 Things Every New Mom Needs
Bringing a baby into this world is definitely an enjoyable experience. Usually, the birth of a child is quite spontaneous and for this reason, you have to prepare a few things in advance. Luckily for you, the baby shower can help you to get the things that you need right after you are going to deliver your baby. In order to discover the things that can help you to be fully prepared for your newborn baby, you should read the following paragraphs.
1. Diapers and Wipes: It is a well-known fact that a baby needs a lot of wipes and diapers. Therefore, the manufacturers provide different brands that allow you to choose from two types of diapers: disposable and washable. Although the disposable products bring along a great convenience, some parents prefer the washable ones. The main reason for this relates to the fact that these diapers are eco-friendly. As well, they are less costly than the other alternative. However, if you intend to use these types of diapers, you have to wash and sterilize them properly. As well, do not forget to have a few packages of baby wipes.
2. Baby Feeding Bottles: The baby bottle is a necessary item and you must have it before bringing your baby home. Now, you can find different types of baby bottles. For this reason, you should try to discover which one is suitable for your child. For example, there are bottles that can prevent colic, ensure a unique air flow that avoids gas and even help your baby to go from breast to the bottle easily. It does not matter what types of bottles you prefer, make sure that you get at least two of them.
3. Burp Cloths: The burp cloths are also very important. Nowadays, you can find some truly cute designer burp cloths. They are made from fine fabrics that highlight a very good quality. But, besides this aspect, you should also know that they come along with different cute prints which can easily enliven any baby suit. However, prior to buying any burp cloths, you have to make sure that they are soft enough for your baby while ensuring a strong shield for you.
4. Long-Sleeved Bodysuits: Although you can find bodysuits in both, short and long-sleeved varieties, you should always opt for the long-sleeved products. It is important to know that babies cannot adjust their body temperature. For this reason, they should wear long-sleeved body suits. Similar to other products that are especially made for babies, you can find a vast variety of long-sleeved bodysuits which come in different colors, simple or with prints. Prior to choosing any of the available models, you have to make sure that they are of a very good quality.
5. Baby Toiletries: It is very important to purchase baby toiletries especially because these products are very gentle with the skin of a newborn. Moreover, most of these products do not contain any chemicals. Thus, by simply using the products that are especially developed for newborns, you can avoid a series of unnecessary problems, such as itching and rashes. The most important toiletries that you need for your baby are the special bathing and skincare products, such as shampoo, soap and lotion.
6. Towels, Washcloths and Waterproof Mattress Cover: You are able to find a vast range of baby towels and washcloths. Usually, you can find these types of products under Baby Bath Products category. It is fundamental to comprehend that by choosing the best possible alternatives, you can easily turn the bath time into a truly wonderful experience for you and your baby. Make sure that the products that you choose are safe, simple and snug. In addition, the waterproof mattress cover can help you to avoid any accidents that might deteriorate your mattress. Nowadays, you can also find waterproof mattress pads and special crib mattress protectors for some very affordable price tags.
7. Pacifiers: If you wonder whether you should get a pacifier for your baby or not, you must know that the pacifier can soothe any baby by offering a temporary distraction. As well, it can help your baby to fall asleep fast, being also capable to ease the discomfort in different situations. However, you have to know that the pacifier can interfere with breast-feeding, create dependence and lead to different dental problems.
Obviously, these are only a few things that you must have before delivering your baby. You should also purchase different clothing items, shoes, crib, changing table, stroller, and car seat. Furthermore, it is essential to understand that raising a child requires much more than just buying a few things; you must offer him or her a lot of love, time and devotion.
About the Author: Lindsay Goldenberg is a writer for New Parent and frequently writes about anything related to parenting.